One of the major reason, it is an open-source server-side scripting language that provides various features, which help to create web applications to match the expectations of big/small enterprises.
- PHP is easy to learn and runs efficiently on the server side
- PHP runs on various platforms (Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS X, etc.)
- PHP is compatible with almost all servers used today (Apache, IIS, etc.)
- PHP supports a wide range of databases
- PHP is free to download and use
- PHP has a large community, You will never struct.
- PHP has countless CMS to work on. ( WordPress, Drupal and Joomla etc. )
- PHP has many Frameworks that actually utilises the MVC patterns. ( Symfony, Yii, Zend etc. )